- A woman in Utah gave birth to twins. When one was stillborn, she was arrested and charged with criminal homicide based on the claim that her decision to delay cesarean surgery was the cause of the stillbirth.
- After a hearing that lasted less than a day, a court issued an order requiring a critically-ill pregnant woman in Washington, D.C. to undergo cesarean surgery over her objections. Neither she nor her baby survived.
- A judge in Ohio kept a woman imprisoned to prevent her from having an abortion.
- A woman in Oregon who did not comply with a doctor’s recommendation to have additional testing for gestational diabetes was subjected to involuntary civil commitment. During her detention, the additional testing was never performed.
- A Louisiana woman was charged with murder and spent approximately a year in jail before her counsel was able to show that what was deemed a murder of a fetus or newborn was actually a miscarriage that resulted from medication given to her by a health care provider.
- In Texas, a pregnant woman who sometimes smoked marijuana to ease nausea and boost her appetite gave birth to healthy twins. She was arrested for delivery of a controlled substance to a minor.
- A doctor in Wisconsin had concerns about a woman’s plans to have her birth attended by a midwife. As a result, a civil court order of protective custody for the woman’s fetus was obtained. The order authorized the sheriff’s department to take the woman into custody, transport her to a hospital, and subject her to involuntary testing and medical treatment.
- And now a woman is being berated for moving cities while pregnant
sooooo… i know that you don’t want to go to school tomorrow,
if it makes you feel any better
all you have to do is survive three weeks
it’s winter break
and that means
you get to sit inside, watch netflix, and cover yourself in blankets!!
YOU CAN DO IT BABE
I BELIEVE IN YOU AND I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH
if i lay here
if i just lay here
do u think i’d still pass all of my classes
do you know what’s back
hannibal season 2
Ethiopian girl guarded from gang rape & assault by three lions.
“The girl had been taken by seven men who wanted to force her to marry one of them. She was beaten repeatedly. Then the lions chased off her captors. The three lions guarded her for about half a day. They stood guard until we found her and then they just left her like a gift and went back into the forest.”
Then, Stuart Williams (the local wildlife ‘expert’) suggests that perhaps the lions mistook the 12 year old girl’s cries for a lion cub. Which seems awfully silly, considering that lions are perfectly capable of telling apart the gazelles they eat from their own cubs, aren’t they?
if fuckin lions know that rape is bad then so should you
i thought this was fake because someone deleted the source but http://www.nbcnews.com/id/8305836/ns/world_news-africa/t/ethiopian-girl-reportedly-guarded-lions/
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia — A 12-year-old girl who was abducted and beaten by men trying to force her into a marriage was found being guarded by three lions who apparently had chased off her captors, a policeman said Tuesday.
The girl, missing for a week, had been taken by seven men who wanted to force her to marry one of them, said Sgt. Wondimu Wedajo, speaking by telephone from the provincial capital of Bita Genet, about 350 miles southwest of Addis Ababa.
She was beaten repeatedly before she was found June 9 by police and relatives on the outskirts of Bita Genet, Wondimu said. She had been guarded by the lions for about half a day, he said.
Stuart Williams, a wildlife expert with the rural development ministry, said the girl may have survived because she was crying from the trauma of her attack. “A young girl whimpering could be mistaken for the mewing sound from a lion cub, which in turn could explain why they didn’t eat her,” Williams said.
Hey fandom - we know you’re busy losing your minds (lolololol) over our new promos, but take a break for a minute so we can ask for your help. We’re in the process of developing ideas for our online after shows, and we’re trying to theme each one differently. They can be anything you want - we’ll be talking with cast and crew about whatever topics you’d like to see them discuss, and it can be anything and everything (from “Latin American Werewolf Mythology” to “bacon”). So think about it and tell us - what are some themes you’d like to see?
Well, here are some topics you could bring up:
- Discuss the theme of consent in Teen Wolf, e.g. Peter biting Scott without his consent, Derek groping Erica before giving her the bite, Erica jumping on Derek and kissing him, Scott’s plan to use Derek’s body to bite Gerard, Lydia’s loss of agency when Peter used her body for his resurrection, Lydia being victim-blamed by Derek for that, etc. Talk about why this is important, what it means within the world of the show and in real life, and what it says about the cycle of abuse.
- On that note, finally clarify whether or not Jennifer had magical seductive powers that she used to coerce Derek into sex.
- Also, clarify whether or not Derek was underage when he slept with Kate.
- Or just create a timeline. Like literally roll in a whiteboard and some markers and draw when the events in canon so far took place and how old the main characters were at the time.
- Explain the difference between werewolf years and human years, or else explain why Peter was given that line if it’s not something that will eventually have significance in the show…maybe a potential plot point that was later abandoned?
- Ask the actors about their characters’ motivations. Ask Crystal what she thinks was going through Allison’s head when she came up with the new Argent motto. Ask Holland what she thinks motivated Lydia to not hide her intelligence from Aiden the way she hid it from Jackson. Ask Posey what he thinks is important to Scott now, how his priorities have changed since earlier seasons.
- Give more insight into behind-the-scenes decisionmaking and the practical reasons for not telling certain actors that their characters are secretly evil or going to die.
- Explain why it was important within the world of the show for Derek and Scott to pardon Deucalion. What, if anything, does it say about Derek’s growth?
- Confirm or deny if there are plans to have Stiles be a canon bisexual character. (If this is something that can’t be confirmed or denied because Jeff is still deciding, don’t introduce it into the discussion.)
- Discuss the theme of family: both biological ties and made families/chosen families. Why does Peter appear to care so much about Cora’s wellbeing when he killed Laura? How did Victoria’s death affect Allison’s relationship with Chris? What does Deaton represent for Scott? How does Melissa feel about having Isaac around?
- Talk about friendships. What makes the friendship between Allison and Lydia different than the one between Scott and Stiles? Who is Danny’s best friend now that Jackson isn’t around? Does Derek have any friends?
- Talk about the differences between how Stiles and Lydia treat each other now compared to how they treated each other in each previous season. If Lydia got doped up on painkillers again, would Stiles still try to hook up with her? Why or why not?
- Explain more about Lydia’s banshee powers, was she born with them or are they a result of what Peter did to her? Does she have any control over the banshee scream/wail or is it entirely involuntary?
- Talk about the balance between plot/action and characterization/emotion. What are some other genre shows that the cast and crew would say have the right balance?
Most importantly, though, talk about why your werewolves wax their chests. Does it make them more aerodynamic for fighting? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW.
IT GETS FUNNIER EVERY TIME I SEE IT
So since it seems a number of people are translating/summarizing High Speed!, I thought I’d make an archive/directory post for all the summaries and translations thus far.
Personally, I highly suggest you read all of them, especially the summaries, since different translators pick up on and include different details from the stories, so you get a number of perspectives on it.
So without further adieu~
If you know of a summary/translation that I have not included here, please message me with a link and I will happily add it!
I will be updating this as more chapter summaries come out as well, so look forward to it.